Spring Fragrances: My Top Picks For 2019
A spring fragrance is just in that awkward spot between being a winter or summer fragrance. Winter and summer are the main two to keep in mind when purchasing a fragrance, but spring and fall are also two seasons you shouldn’t forget. They make up the other half of the year.
When it’s spring, you’re most likely almost done with school or work. The closer it is, the more you want it to be there. So in preparation for your well deserved holiday, you can start with wearing some fragrances that work really well during this time of the year.
The spring fragrances I’ll be discussing will all work really well during this period of time. All can fill a certain role, or be worn all throughout spring. This list can help you decide which one to go for!
What should you look for when finding your spring fragrance?
You might think that any fragrance works well at any time if the year. This is not really true. Some fragrances excel at a certain time of the year or at a certain event or meeting. These are some important things to look (or smell) for when finding your next spring fragrance.
- A spring fragrance should fill the gap between winter and summer.
- A spring fragrance should have a fresh vibe to it.
- A spring fragrance should also have a stronger, slightly warmer vibe to it then a summer fragrance.
- A spring fragrance should be a bit sharper then a summer fragrance.
Basically, a spring fragrance should be a sharper summer fragrance, so it can pierce through the temperatures as it is starting to rise. The closer to summer, the lighter the scents can be that you decide to wear.
What is the role of a spring fragrance?
A spring fragrance is a fragrance that needs to fill the transition from winter to summer. The temperatures are starting to rise again, the cold is starting to go away, and you need a fragrance that fits in here. Usually, these fragrances are more similar to summer fragrances, because the temperatures are rising. So you’re looking for a nice, somewhat fresh fragrance that also has a bit of the winter vibes to it. So it might be a bit of a sharper, more refined scent instead of a completely fresh, aquatic fragrance.
A spring fragrance should basically make you feel ready to take on the summer head on!
The top spring fragrances for 2019
- Dior Sauvage
- Chanel Allure Homme Sport
- Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profumo
- Chanel Bleu De Chanel
- Prada l’Homme
- Creed Aventus
Why these fill the role perfectly
All these fragrances work wonders in the spring, and all have a different use. So they are not in order from best to worst, these six are just six really good spring fragrances.
- Dior Sauvage is basically everything you should be looking for in a spring fragrance. This fragrance is fresh and sharp, exactly what we’re looking for. The fragrance has a bunch of fresh notes in it along with multiple different kinds of pepper. This creates a sharp and refined definition in this fragrance and that is what makes this fragrance so good during the spring. It’s fresh, sharp, and has amazing performance. The longevity of Dior Sauvage is really good. All these things make for one of the best spring fragrances.
- Chanel Allure Homme Sport is another fresh fragrance with some pepper notes in there as well. The top notes exist mostly of citrusy and aquatic notes, with the middle notes being pepper. This, again, makes it a bit of a sharper summer fragrance, which is exactly what we’re looking for. Chanel Allure Homme Sport is another amazing, long lasting spring fragrance that you really can’t go wrong with.
- Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profumo is a fragrance that should be worn at the end of spring and works excellent during the summer. It also works wonders if you live in a generally warmer county where your spring is also warmer than usual. It is a really nice and fresh scent that just screams masculinity. The longevity you can expect with this one is well over six hours and the scent it gives off is nothing short of perfect during the end of spring.
- Chanel Bleu De Chanel is a very good, fresh fragrance that maintain a sort of warm feeling throughout its lifetime. This is perfect for during the spring, as it is nice and fresh, but also keeps the cold into account. The freshness is especially prevalent in the opening of this fragrance. It then dries down to a warmer and inviting scent that is not at all overpowering in the rising temperatures. The versatility of this fragrance is also amazing, you really can’t go wrong with it. This fragrance has a lot of positives going for it, so make sure to try it out!
- Prada l’Homme is another fragrance that made it both on the spring list and the summer list. It just works really well during the warmer temperatures and is an amazing fragrance for casual wear, or for office wear. It has a great, luxurious and soapy scent to it that just goes really well with the spring and summer.
- Creed Aventus is a fragrance that just works well any time of the year. It is also one of the best smelling fragrances. It has a woody, citrusy and musky vibe to it, which makes it smell really masculine and great and that’s why I’ll always recommend Creed Aventus. The performance of Creed Aventus is also really good. Spray it on and you’re good for the rest of the day. It is a more expensive fragrance, but if you have the money for it is well worth it.