Fall Fragrances: My Top Picks For 2019
Fall fragrances are needed for the transition from summer to winter. In the fall, you’ll notice that the temperatures start to drop down and the weather is becoming worse.
Most of the time, people either go for a winter or a summer fragrance. But the season in between those make up for the other half of the year and should not be left out. These seasons, fall and spring, are the transition between the main two seasons, winter and summer. In this transition period, you’ll want to make sure to have the right fragrance that fits the temperature.
At the end of the summer, people are going back to their normal lifes. They go back to school or have to go back to the office. This is also what is going on in the beginning of fall. Therefore, it is important to have a fragrance that is not to overpowering, as you wouldn’t want to piss of everyone in your class or everyone at the office.
The fragrances I’ll be discussing will all work very well during the fall, and most will probably work just as good during the winter. They are all excellent at certain occasions or as a general amazing fall fragrance. I hope this list can help you decide which one to go for!
What should you look for when finding your fall fragrance?
You might think that any fragrance works well at any time if the year. This is not really true. Some fragrances excel at a certain time of the year or at a certain event or meeting. These are some important things to look (or smell) for when finding your next fall fragrance.
- A fall fragrance should have a soft sweetness or spiciness to it.
- A fall fragrance should be a warm and inviting fragrance.
- A fall fragrance should fill the gap between summer and winter.
- A fall fragrance should be a bit softer than the general winter fragrance.
Basically, a fall fragrance should be a softer version of a winter fragrance. As the temperatures are going down, the fragrance should become warmer.
What is the role of a fall fragrance?
A fall fragrance has to fill in the gap between the summer and winter. During this period of time, the summer is ending and the warm temperatures make way for the cold ones again. In this time period, the temperatures are generally getting colder, and summer break has just ended. For these reasons, a fall fragrance has to be a nice, comforting fragrance that is easy to wear when you’re going back to school or to the office.
Usually, these fall fragrances are a lot like winter fragrances, only a bit softer and less strong. This makes them perfect for the fall, where you’re looking for a warmer, yet still somewhat fresh fragrance.
The top fall fragrances for 2019
- Paco Rabanne Pure XS
- Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive
- Hugo Boss Bottled
- Dolce & Gabanna The One
- Azzaro Wanted
- Creed Aventus
Why these fill the role perfectly
All these fragrances work wonders in during the fall, and all have a different use. So they are not in order from best to worst, these six are just six really good fall fragrances.
- Paco Rabanne Pure XS is a fragrance that has been released quite recently. This fragrance has a warm and spicy vibe to it, which is exactly what we’re looking for in a nice fall fragrance. In the notes we can find ginger, vanilla, and woody notes, which really gives his fragrance a warm scent.
- Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive is an amazing, masculine fragrance with an almost booze like scent to it. This is because the whiskey that is used as the middle note. Other notes used are leather, cardamom, grapefruit, and lavender, which makes for a nice, fresh, warm fall fragrance you can’t go wrong with. The fragrance is really deep and warm, with amazing longevity. Definitely an amazing pick for your fall fragrance.
- Hugo Boss Bottled is a fragrance that has been around for a very long time. It smells somewhat fruity and woody, which is perfect in during fall. With fruity notes like apple and bergamot, and woody notes like cedarwood, sandalwood, and olivewood, this makes for an amazing fragrance during fall.
- Dolce & Gabanna The One is a fruity and spicy fragrance, with notes like grapfruit, basil, cardamom, ginger, and cedarwood. This is a very masculine fragrance with notes that make it perfect during fall. Dolce & Gabanna The One almost smells like the changing of seasons, which is perfect during a seasonal change!
- Azzaro Wanted is another spicy fragrance that is not too overpowering. This fragrance also has ginger in it, making for the spicy scent it has. The scent of Azzaro Wanted is somewhat linear, but that’s alright, as the scent itself is really good, especially during the colder days, like you have during fall.
- Creed Aventus is a fragrance that just works well any time of the year. It is also one of the best smelling fragrances. It has a woody, citrusy and musky vibe to it, which makes it smell really masculine and great and that’s why I’ll always recommend Creed Aventus. The performance of Creed Aventus is also really good. Spray it on and you’re good for the rest of the day. It is a more expensive fragrance, but if you have the money for it is well worth it.